Monday, September 25, 2006

Okay, so I didn't get to post last night, but you get one this morning. Yesterday was fun. Although I didn't make it out to the Meg and Dia show at Balazo, I did catch the The Presets at the Folsom Street Fair. They were absolutely amazing. Great dancey music from Austrailia. This was my first Folsom Street Fair experience as I am newly transplanted to the city, and it did not let me down. I love how there are things like this and Lovefest in this city, because I don't think they could take place anywhere else. But back to the Presets. If you haven't listened to them, do it now. They are in the vein of Teddybears, MSTRKRFT, Justice, and that genre. They played for about 50 mins and it was energetic and had almost everyone in the crowd dancing along, which I think they enjoyed as the drummer kept taking pictures of the crowd and let's face it, daytime shows are not usually known for the crowd really moving around. But they put on a hell of a show, and I really wish I had more time tonite to see them again. They are playing again tonite at the Independent with My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult.

Other Shows this week:

Monday
The Presets and My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult @ The Independent
Mastodon, Converge, and The Bronxxx @ Slim's
The Drams @ Bottom Of The Hill

Tuesday
Mastodon, Converge, and The Bronxxx @ Slim's
Junior Boys @ Bottom Of The Hill
Medeski Martin & Wood @ The Fillmorel
Leon Russell @ The Independent
The Photo Atlas & Death Of A Party @ Cafe Du Nord

Wednesday
Damnwells and Army of Me @ Bottom Of The Hill
Young Love & The Pink Spiders @ The Fillmore
Pelican & Daughters @ Great American Music Hall
Kaki King @ The Independent

Thursday
Silversun Pickups @ The Rickshaw Stop
Darker My Love @ Popscene
Starsailor @ Great American Music Hall
Cherry Poppin Daddies @ Red Devil Lounge
Mojave 3 & Brightblack Morning Light @ Slim's
Flogging Molly & Zox @ The Warfield

Friday
Grizzly Bear @ The Independent
M.Ward @ The Fillmore
Birdmonster & Division Day @ Slim's
TV On The Radio @ The Library (Sacramento)
Cibelle @ Cafe Du Nord
Scissor Sisters @ The Warfield

Saturday
Rogue Wave w/Ben Gibbard (Death Cab For Cutie), John Vanderslice, Matthew Caws (Nada Surf), plus more @ The Independent
Jason Collett (Broken Social Scene) @ Cafe Du Nord
Gossip @ Bottom Of The Hill
Download Festival (ft. Beck, Yeah Yeah Yeahs plus more) @ Shoreline
Scissor Sisters @ The Warfield

Sunday
Gossip @ Bottom Of The Hill
Sonic Youth & Erase Errata @ The Fillmore
Sherwood, Amber Pacific @ Slim's

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home