Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Apple never seems to let me down...

So as usual I'm about a day late. I blame being sick. I didn't make it out to the rickshaw last night to see Decibully and Headlights like I really wanted to, but I had reading to do and wasn't feeling great. So I elected to stay in and get some reading done, not much though, and watch the Charger game on MNF. And I think I made the right choice after all. The game was amazing, it's always nice to see the Chargers play well and beat up on the Raiders. It was good to see Rivers have a good first start and to see the Defense dominate. Brooks got pulled in the second half after being sacked seven times and only completing six passes. I loved it. But anyways, kind of a slow week for shows here it seems. Let's get to it on this beautiful Tuesday.

Tuesday
Golden Smog(without Jeff Tweedy) is @ The Fillmore
Scars of Tomorrow @ The Pound
Young Dro @ Space 550

Wednesday
Laura Veirs @ Cafe Du Nord
Adam Green @ The Independent
Tha Legendary Shack Shakers and Scotch Greens @ Slim's
Sugarcult (Instore) @ Rasputin's @ 5pm
Sugarcult and The Spill Canvas @ The Fillmore

Thursday
Two Gallants (Instore) @ Amoeba
White Whale (ex-Get Up Kids) @ Bottom Of The Hill
Under The Influence of Giants @ Cafe Du Nord
Tortoise @ Great American Music Hall
Nitzer Ebb @ Slim's
Suicide Girls @ The Independent
Misery Signals @ The Pound
The Music Lovers @ Amnesia

Friday
The Music Lovers (Instore) @ Amoeba
Suicide Girls @ The Independent
The Matches @ Slim's
Unearth, Terror & Bleeding Throgh @ The Fillmore
Radio Soulwax w/ 2 Many DJs @ The Mezzanine

Saturday
Portugal, The Man @ The Balazo Gallery
Ima Robot & Persephones Bees @ The Mezzanine
The Phenomenauts & River City Rebels @ Bottom Of The Hill
Love Like Fire & The Favourite Sons @ Cafe Du Nord
Zion I, Turf Talk & Crown City Rockers @ The Fillmore
John Legend @ The Independent

Sunday
The Nice Boys (Instore) @ Amoeba
Now And Zen Fest (Ft. Gnarls Barkley, The B-52s, Augustana) @ Golden Gate Park Radio Alice For More Details
Jonathan Richman @ Great American Music Hall
Breakestra @ The Independent
The Advantage @ Bottom Of The Hill


That looks like it'll do it. I'm gonna try to make it out to the Laura Veirs show at Cafe Du Nord on Wed. night, Thurs. night I'll try to make it to the Two Gallants instore and if time prevails try to make it to the White Whale show at BOTH. Friday get over to amoeba for the Music Lovers instore. Saturday night I'll probably head off to see Portugal, The Man @ Balazo Gallery and sunday I haven't decided. Possibly the Festival but might end up going to Jonathan Richman or The Advantage. So hopefully I'll have some reviews up in the near future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home