Wednesday, August 02, 2006

And The Countdown Begins...

It seems that my days have become numbered here in San Diego. It has come down to the last week here and I will be appreciating it to the fullest. San Francisco will be an experience for sure, and definitely one I am looking forward to. It will be refreshing to start a new chapter in my life. Law school will be intense, but worth it in the end, and I'm ultimately quite excited about it.

So in enjoying my final days in SD I have tried to hit up some shows and hang out with friends. Monday I went and saw Harry And the Potters and Draco and the Malfoys play at the Poway Library. It was a fun little show and both bands were great. It was interesting to see the younger kids there, and amazed me how much merch kids buy. These bands are genious for not only making good music that is accepted by both children and adults, but also for tapping this market of music.

After this show I packed some stuff and picked up Matty and we headed out for a little journey. Monday night we stopped in Ventura and partied with Chrissy, this girl that Matty has known for ever, and her friend Lauren Bushey. It was definitely a good time. Next morning we woke up and went to Breakfast at a place called Allisons in Ventura, which was amazing. Then it was off to SLOtown to clean my apartment up a bit and party. We definitely did both. Shoutouts to Lauren and Cathryn in SLO for partyin all night with us.

Got back into SD this afternoon and headed out to the worst venue in SD because Chuck Ragan was playin with Dustin Kensrue. Wow, this show was good. I was surprised to find out it wasn't sold out since I rolled up to the show after the inital start time. I figured the crowd would be horrible because of the venue and because Dustin is the lead singer of Thrice, but I was pleasently surprised that the crowd was decent and respectable. Both Chuck and Dustin played acoustic sets. Chuck's new post-HWM stuff is amazing. His set was short but to the point. I didn't expect him to play California Burritos, but it definitely made my night. Dustin's set was good, a little more new stuff, but most of the other covers and such I had seen him play when he played the Epicentre a few years back. Nonetheless a great show though.

Well, tomorrow I must try to take my iMac in and try to get my phone fixed. Maybe I'll go through some stuff and start packing, but probably not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home