Sunday, November 19, 2006

+/-

So I did indeed head out to Bottom of The Hill to check out +/-. I got there in time to catch Whysall Lanes' set. They were really good. The lead singer is actually the brother of the lead singer of +/-. I think I just confused myself with that last sentence. They put on a good set. After their set I discovered that Anchor Steams Christmas and New Years beer is out for the year and that Bottom of the Hill was serving it. So good. +/- played a really strong set. The crowd was into them and having a good time, which in turn allowed them to have a good time. They kept thanking everyone for coming out and saying how SF was the place they look most to playing when they go on tour. They played a lot of new stuff that is more indie-pop than their older stuff, but it is definitely still got their own sound to it. Even though they don't sound like them, +/- reminds me of Pinback, with keyboards and beats. I guess they play that same kind of segmented rock. They were fantastic though. It was good to hear older stuff mixed in, as for me, hearing the new stuff live was hearing it for the first time. Irving was up next...I've seen them before and they are really good, but unfortunately I took off and headed home to work on my final. Which speaking of it, I should get working on it some more. Don't think I'm gonna make it out to see Straylight Run, but you never know.

Shows this week:
Copeland, Appleseed Cast & Owen at Slim's on Monday
Album Leaf & Dirty On Purpose on Tuesday
Mates of States at GAMH on Wednesday possibly
Prodigy at Fillmore on Friday - I'll be reviewing this show for productshonyc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home