Tuesday, January 30, 2007

As I promised...

I knew I'd get to updating this thing sooner than later. Definitely haven't slowed down at all with the new year, but at the same time neither has anything else in my life. I think I've been on the go for the past month. But anyways.

The week before Punk Rock Bowling I went to the The Independent to catch Girl Talk and Matt And Kim. Got there perfectly right before Matt And Kim came on. Wow, I liked their stuff online, but they were awesome live. I am really torn now that they have been announced to be headlining one of the nights of Noise Pop. Picked up their demo cd and haven't stopped listening to it, it's amazing. However, being as great as they were, they just couldn't top the dance party that Girl Talk brings live. He mixed everything I could've asked for and more. Definitely a fun fun fun live show. Check him out if he comes to your town, he is not to be missed.

Punk Rock Bowling was a blast. Drunk, expensive, but all around a great time, especially cause I got to hang out with my best friends and party for an entire weekend. Made it out to the Kickoff Show at the Empire Ballroom. Strike Anywhere was awesome, but the highlight of any bill with Dillinger Four on it is obviously gonna be D4. They killed and singing along, swaying back and forth is a necessity at thier show. We only stuck around for a couple Bouncing Souls. They were good, but I have seen them a ton, everyone was drunk and quite hungry so we made out way out of the venue and headed over to Fat Burger to hang out and be ridiculous.

Back in SF made it a point to catch the Avail and The Draft at Bottom Of The Hill. That show was great. The Draft played pretty much everything off "In A Million Pieces" which was fun. We showed up right as they came on and even though I love them, after the first note I missed Hot Water Music and was waiting for Chuck to pop onto stage and break into a song. I just don't think I'll ever not think of HWM when I listen to them. I've always liked Avail, but I will be quite honest when I say that I haven't listened to them in a long time. Why???? I DON"T KNOW. They are an amazing band and after their set I was soooo glad that I decided to get off my ass and take in that show, even though I had to miss Emily Haines.

Then, the other night, we once again headed out to Bottom Of The Hill, this time to catch Mac Lethal and P.O.S.. Both of these guys are on Rhymesayers, and both absolutely killed it. Mac Lethal is a very witty and comical lyricist, while P.O.S. is definitely a more thoughtful and serious MC. But both of these guys are fantastic and it definitely made me realize how much I'd drifted away from Hip Hop as of late.

Ok, that's a quick update, I'm gonna get back on show listings and more reviews in the next week or so, if I can catch my breath here soon enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home